Below is information about how you can prepare for a hospital stay, an appointment or visiting a patient.
Wearing a mask is required in patient care areas, patient rooms and waiting rooms. Please follow the mask guidelines posted and the instructions from the clinical teams. Sinai Health is a mask-friendly environment. We support your choice to wear a mask in other spaces.
- Do not visit if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 10 days.
- Postpone your visit if you feel unwell (e.g. fever or new onset respiratory symptoms, vomiting, diarrhea or rash).
- Patients will be screened for common respiratory virus symptoms, including COVID-19, and other communicable diseases before registration or checking in for an appointment, clinic or surgery.
I think I have COVID-19. What do I do?
If you think you have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has it, please self-isolate. You can:
- use this online assessment tool to see if you need further care
- speak to your family health provider
- if you are having difficulty breathing or experiencing other severe symptoms, please call 911 or go to your closest Emergency Department