COVID-19 Information for Our People
Last Updated: 2020-09-28
A key principle of our planning and preparedness is ensuring the safety and well-being of our people and our patients.
Employees, physicians and learners will be asked to confirm they meet the following requirements in order to enter our buildings:
- I am well today with no COVID-19 symptoms, including:
- Cough, new or worsening
- Runny nose or congestion without other known cause
- Sore throat
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
- Shortness of breath, difficulty breathing
- Difficulty swallowing
- Decrease or loss of taste or smell
- Unexplained fatigue, malaise, muscle aches
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
- I do not work at a long-term care home
- I have not worked in an outbreak environment outside of Sinai Health
- I have not travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days
- I am not awaiting test results for COVID-19 because of:
- Recent or ongoing symptoms, OR
- A known exposure to COVID-19
- I have not been directly exposed to someone who is confirmed positive for COVID-19
Tap to attest. One entry at a time.
Upon entry to the buildings, employees, physicians and learners can tap their access card (ID card at Bridgepoint) and attest to the screening questions. By tapping you are attesting to the statements outlined in the signage and that they are symptom-free (based on the COVID-19 symptoms outlined above).
There will continue to be a screener at each building to provide oversight to the area and assist with the entry for those who do not have an access card, who require manual attestation and to support contractors entering the building.
Bridgepoint Active Healthcare
- Building access continues to be via the Ambulatory Care Entrance or the parking garage only.
- Security continues to monitor access to the parking garage. Please be ready to show your ID badge and give yourself extra time.
Mount Sinai Hospital
- Pedestrian access will be through both the University Avenue and Murray Street entrances. Please be ready to show your ID badge and give yourself extra time. For entrance hours, please visit the COVID-19 Information and Resources page.
- Patient drop-off and pick-up will be at the Murray Street entrance and driveway.
Thank you for your patience and partnership as we adapt to our increased screening process.
When coming to work, please consider the following:
Ensure you have your ID badge with you.
Plan for extra time to enter the building, especially at peak periods like shift change.
Consider bringing your lunch as you will need to be screened before each entry.
Have your manager’s contact information handy.