COVID-19 Pre-Screening for Outpatients and their Essential Care Partners
Last Updated: 2020-11-04
To serve you better, Sinai Health has developed a COVID-19 pre-screening tool for outpatients and their Essential Care Partners to help our door screening process go as smoothly as possible.
The form must be completed for the patient and anyone coming to the hospital or a hospital building with them. It will walk through a series of COVID-19 questions and symptoms to show whether you meet the screening requirements prior to entering our buildings. You will be able to print screen on a mobile device or tablet or bring the results of your pre-screening via email with you to show to our door screeners.
Please note, Sinai Health is limiting visitor access to only Essential Care Partners based on the rate of community transmission of COVID-19.
Who should fill out the COVID-19 pre-screening?
- Patients who are coming to a clinic appointment, having a procedure or undergoing surgery
- Outpatient Essential Care Partners who are accompanying a patient to a clinic appointment, procedure or surgery, meet the criteria and have been approved by the clinic or care provider
- Please note this tool is NOT meant for those accompanying patients to the Emergency Department
- Please note this tool is NOT meant for those with virtual or telephone appointments
Criteria for an outpatient Essential Care Partner:
- Escorting a patient with a significant mobility support requirement
- Guiding a patient with a severe cognitive impairment
- Escorting a patient who is unable to communicate, for which virtual means of communication will not work (e.g. cell phone, virtual appointment)
- Accompanying a patient experiencing a mental health crisis
- Supporting a patient with significant developmental disability
- Parent / legal guardian of a patient who is under 18
- Accompanying a patient who may be receiving a life-altering diagnosis
- Escorting a patient from the clinic (e.g. to pick up a patient post-sedation from an endoscopy procedure)
When should I complete the pre-screening?
- Please complete the pre-screening no earlier than 24-hours before the appointment
I am unable to fill out the pre-screening tool. What should I do?
If you have any trouble completing the COVID-19 pre-screening, your care provider or clinic can support your pre-screening by phone prior to your appointment.
What do I do when I arrive?
- Please come wearing a mask. If you do not have one, one will be provided to you.
- Upon your arrival, please show the door screener your pre-screening confirmation. You will still be asked some limited questions and will be asked to sanitize your hands.
- Please practice physical distancing and keep two metres from others as much as possible.
- If you have any questions or concerns in advance of your arrival, please contact your care provider or clinic directly.