Sinai Health and the Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute (LTRI) are powering scientific discovery, and this year was full of life-changing milestones. Here are just some of the ways that our world-class clinicians and scientists changed the landscape of medical science.
- Daniel Drucker won the Wolf Prize in Medicine for his research in treating type 2 diabetes, obesity and intestinal disorders.
- New drug shows promise in slowing tumour growth in some hard-to-treat cancers.
- Caroline Kramer discovers the link between disruptions in the ecosystem and cardiometabolic health.
- Andras Nagy looks to unleash the power of stem cells to repair brain injuries.
- Lianne Jeffs leads a Canada-wide study on models of care during the pandemic.
- The Schwartz/Reisman Emergency Medicine Institute (SREMI) produced 26 peer-reviewed publications in areas such as emergency medicine, brain injury and early pregnancy.
Read the full story of compassionate care fueled by research, discovery, and innovation in our Annual Report here.