Your Health Record
Sinai Health collects personal health information of its patients under the authority of the Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004 (PHIPA). As a patient, you have the right to:
- Have your personal health information kept confidential, with limited exceptions;
- Access your personal health information;
- Request a correction of incomplete or inaccurate information contained in your health record.
Access to your health record
- As a Mount Sinai Hospital patient, you can access parts of your health record including lab results and medical imaging reports (Breast Imaging, CT, MRI, Ultrasound, X-ray) through MyChart. Learn more about MyChart and how to obtain access/register. (MyChart is coming soon to Bridgepoint Active Healthcare)
- While in hospital, you may request to review your medical record with a care provider. A time will be arranged to support this request.
- After discharge from an inpatient unit, day surgery or an emergency department visit, you can obtain electronic or paper copies of your health record by completing and submitting this Consent for Disclosure of Personal Health Information form. Please read the second page for instructions on where to submit the form and required documentation.
- After an outpatient clinic visit, you can request copies of your health record directly from the clinic you visited.
- Should you have questions or concerns related to privacy, please contact our Privacy Office.
COVID-19 vaccine receipt
- Individuals who have a green photo health card can login to the provincial portal (this online tool is only supported by Chrome, Safari or Firefox) to obtain a PDF copy of their COVID-19 vaccine receipt for both their first and second dose.
- Individuals who have a red and white health card or who do not have a health card can contact the Provincial Vaccine Booking Line at 1-833-943-3900 for a call centre agent to email them a copy of their first and second dose receipts.