Last week, Sinai Health announced the recipients of the Marian Walsh Emerging Leader Award. These leaders were recognized for demonstrating their commitment to life-long learning. This award was created to honour Marian Walsh, the previous President and CEO of Bridgepoint Active Healthcare, after her retirement in 2016.
The award was presented to individuals who demonstrate leadership in their roles, inspire peers to adopt change initiatives, and display strong self-awareness while collaborating with others. Applicants included regular full time or part time employees located at the Bridgepoint campus, who are pursuing or enrolled in a recognized leadership or professional development program.
Congratulations to our recipients! Special thanks to Marian Walsh for providing this opportunity to our Bridgepoint emerging leaders.
- Erika Sy: Occupational Therapist, 4 North, pursuing Clinical Leader Professional Certificate at York University
- Shameka Redway: Nurse Educator, pursuing Masters of Nursing
- Michael Palomo: Senior Patient Relations Facilitator, Quality and Patient Safety, pursuing Ph.D. in Health Service Research: Health Policy at University of Toronto
- Sara Sadooghi: Manager, Pharmacy, pursuing Certificate course in Patient Safety and Quality Improvement at University of Toronto
- Agnes Tong: Manager, Quality and Patient Safety, pursuing MIT Sloan Executive Certificate in Strategy & Innovation – Mastering Design Thinking Program at Massachusetts Institute of Technology Sloan School of Management
- Yannan Chen: Pharmacist, pursuing Pharmacy Informatics Certificate at American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Christopher Hayden: Patient Care Manager, 4 North and 4 South, pursuing Human Services Management Leadership Certificate at University of Toronto
- Patrice Redparth: Senior Coordinator, Organizational Development, pursuing Bachelor of Human Resources Management at York University