Offers and support for our people
Last Updated: 2020-05-11
To support our people through COVID-19, various food services, retail and corporations are providing discounts, reduced rates and other services.
We will update this page with new offers and services as they come in.
Rest Safe Program
Every night, 100 hotel rooms are available for use by Sinai Health employees and physicians. These rooms are free, thanks to the Rest Safe Program. Please visit the Rest Safe Program landing page for more information and the application process.
DelSuites is offering 1 bedroom suites located in the downtown core starting at $50.00 per night for medical professionals booking one-three month stays. Email [email protected] for more information or to reserve.
Doubletree by Hilton Toronto Downtown
Doubletree at 108 Chestnut Street is offering rates of $99 per night plus taxes and $20 for parking. Please call the hotel directly at 416-977-5000 to reserve or book through this link: https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/dt/reservation/book.htm?ctyhocn=YTOCSDT&corporateCode=560057085&from=lnrlink. Please provide your badge at check in.
Intercontinental Hotel Yorkville
Intercontinental Hotel Yorkville is offering basic, no-contact services and accommodation for $99 per night plus taxes. Room service and linens delivered to the door and there is no daily maid service during the stay. To reserve, call 416-960-5200 and indicate you are with Sinai Health.
Le Germain Hotel Maple Leaf Square
Le Germain Hotel is offering a rate of $125 a night plus taxes. To reserve, call 416-649-7575 or e-mail [email protected] and request rate code ESSC.
Sheraton Centre Toronto
Sheraton Centre Toronto is offering accommodation for $99 per night plus taxes. Parking extra. Reserve through this link & present ID at check-in.
Silver Hotel Group
Silver Hotel Group is offering discounted accommodation at a number of nearby hotels. Click the links below for more information and to reserve.
- $60/night @ The Bond Hotel, 65 Dundas Street East
- $89/night @ Pantages Hotel, 200 Victoria Street
- $79/night @ Novotel Toronto Centre, 45 The Esplanade
The Grand Hotel
Receive up to three consecutive night’s FREE accommodation at the Grand Hotel. (Not for voluntary self-quarantine/isolation.) Contact [email protected] for availability. Photo/scan of your Sinai Health badge required to secure a reservation.
Today Living Group
Today Living Group is offering fully furnished suites at 209 Yonge St., a 15-minute walk to Mount Sinai Hospital, for $79/night for a 1 bedroom or $99 per night for a junior two-bedroom, for a minimum stay of 7 nights. Shorter stays upon request. Email [email protected] to reserve.
CAA is offering free roadside assistance in Ontario for members and non-members alike. Request CAA roadside service by calling: *22 on your mobile device or 1-800-222-4357.
Volkswagen Downtown Toronto
Volkswagen Downtown Toronto is offering 20 percent off parts and service on Volkswagen vehicles, with valet service to and from hospital parking. To schedule your service, please contact Adrian Squires at [email protected].
New Childcare Options and Family Friendly Activities
Kid’s and Company has a list of credible in-home partners that have qualified for your child care needs, visit their website for contact information. In addition, they have launched a suite of virtual events and activities for free. All newly added webinars, at home-activates and other resources can be accessed online Kidco at Home – Family Resource Centre .
City of Toronto child care for essential and critical service workers
The City of Toronto will open licensed child care centres to provide care for children of essential and critical service workers. To support essential and critical workers, licensed child care service will be available, at no cost, for children from infant to age 12, and will operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The City is establishing an online registration system, and the centres will open as quickly as possible. Visit the City of Toronto website for more information.
Mount Sinai Hospital
- Aroma: Aroma at Mount Sinai is offering free medium drip coffee or tea when you show your Sinai Health badge.
- Second Cup: Second Cup at Mount Sinai is offering free tea and coffee. Bring your badge.
- Freshii: The Freshii on University at Elm street is offering 10 percent off for health care workers. Please show your badge.
Bridgepoint Active Healthcare
- Tim Hortons: Tim Hortons at Bridgepoint is offering one free small tea or coffee a day. Ask your manager for a voucher.
The Department of Dentistry is open for staff emergency dental problems. Please page the Hospital Dental Resident on-call through locating to arrange to be seen.
Down Dog is offering free access to its apps – Down Dog, Yoga for Beginners, HIIT, Barre and 7-Minute Workout – free through to July 1. Please go to https://www.downdogapp.com/healthcare to sign up.
Brldgepolnt Active Healthcare
Starting April 1, 2020, parking at our Bridgepoint campus has been reduced for employees paying for monthly passes and for new parking applications. For more information, email Victoria Oman.
Mount Sinai Hospital
To offer a viable alternative to public transit, parking rates for employees at Mount Sinai Hospital are being reduced for monthly passes. The new monthly rate for employees will be $175 per month.
- Those who currently hold a monthly parking pass will have a pro-rated credit for the last week of March, as well as for all of April, as those charges have already been processed. This credit will be applied to parking fees for the month of May. The reduced cost is applicable until the end of June.
- For new passholders, visit the booth at 40 Murray and show your badge and provide credit card information in order to sign up for a parking spot at the reduced rate.
- Pass holders will be advised by the middle of June of any change in rate for July.
- For those who do not wish to purchase a monthly pass, an H-Pass, good for 5 uses or 10 uses, is now being made available for employees. This pass is good for individual uses rather than consecutive days, and is for 24 hours each use with in and out privileges. The cost is $66.25 for 5 days or $132.50 for 10 days.
Please email Stacey Oliviera for more information.